Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Getting sick of...

Sunday, February 24, 2008

I am getting sick and tired of all this bull shit. For years I have heard “Bush has made us safer since the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11, 2001” and I am sick of it. Yes I admit that we have not had a terrorist attack on American soil since that day, but I don’t feel that that is all because of the policies of this administration. What pisses me off even more is the blame that seems to get shoved onto the preceding administration (the Clinton administration). Even from members of my own family (including extended) have made such accusations. To me there is not enough evidence to place all “blame” of 9/11 on the Clinton or Bush administration. If anything the “blame” of an attack on American soil rests with who is in the White House at the time of the attack. I mean everything else that goes wrong or right in any administration usually gets credited TO that administration. My point is this, in 1993 the World Trade Center was bombed by Islamic terrorists and yet the Clinton administration did not turn around and “blame” the former Bush and Reagan administrations for not doing enough to prevent the attack. Nor, to my knowledge, was that current administration “blamed”. They didn’t pass tons of laws allowing the government to invade a person’s privacy, invade a country, etc and YET we went eight years without another foreign terrorist attack on American soil. The three other major attacks that did occur during that time (Oklahoma City 1995, Centennial Olympic Park bombing in Atlanta 1996, and Columbine 1999) were committed by U.S. citizens and even then the government didn’t start passing laws to invade our freedoms.

That’s all my rambling and whatnot for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment