Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Let history show that

Yesterday, Tuesday November 4th, 2008; the United States of America once again made history and took yet another step forward. Whether or not you agree with his policies or not, no one can argue the amazingly historical moment that has occurred with the election of Senator Barack Obama to be the 44th President of the United States.
Every person comes and goes in life, but history lives on for countless generations and to have been able to witness this historic election is something that I can’t describe in words. I love politics, and I enjoy history, and seeing the two combine in such a profound way is something very special to me. This is especially true because I not only got to SEE it happen, I was able to directly participate by voting and helping it come to pass.
We have now taken a step into a direction for this country and only time will tell where that direction will lead us. It may be toward a great future, and it may not, but in the end this country did what it needed to do and that is change its course.
I hope that we can unite and once again become the leader in the world, and I believe that the election of Barack Obama will be the catalyst and leader that we need to regain that position.
To Senator Obama I say this: we have entrusted you with the highest office in this country. Take this trust and use it to restore all of America to where it once was, both at home and in the world. We have opened the door for you, now it is time for you to lead us safely and securely through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment